Amazon is currently the marketplace of choice for both sellers and buyers. Through the online platform, shoppers benefit from one-day delivery at the lowest possible price.
Amazon FBA prep service provides a convenient way to shop for necessities and source unique and rare items. Fulfillment by Amazon, otherwise known as Amazon FBA, is a program developed by the marketplace to provide support to eCommerce stores that sell through their platform.
Image Source: Google
To truly understand how labor-intensive packing for Amazon FBA is, below are the few basic requirements as listed on the Amazon FBA guide:
General Packing Guidelines
1. Only use a unique Fulfillment Network Stock Keeping Unit. This term is unique to Amazon and is used to identify and track products. In addition, the FNSKU(Fulfillment Network Stock Keeping Unit) should only correspond to one product and one product alone.
2. All units should include a barcode that is legible and scannable.
3. All products should arrive at the Amazon warehouse fully assembled.
4. All products should be in secured individual packaging.
5. Labels are a requirement for items sold as a set.
Handling Products with Expiration Dates
1. All units must have labels of the expiration date. The master box should have the matching date, as well.
2. The expiration date should be legible regardless of packaging material.
3. Formatting of expiration dates should be either MM-DD-YYYY or MM-YYYY.